Monday, March 4, 2013

Beer With Jesus Song Falls Flat On Fox News


Mainstream country music artist Thomas Rhett on Monday appeared on Fox News to perform his hit “Beer With Jesus.” I do not think this is an honorable way to celebrate the savior. He is not some lonely buddy sitting in a bar waiting for his beer and chatting up random strangers.

such songs make it easy for people to shoot their own religion in the foot, no need to satirize faith anymore, the believers are now doing the work. How about all those Christian groups and sects who do not drink beer. Will they be saved? In his quest for fame Thomas Rhett steps all over his own savior.


“If I could have a beer with Jesus / Heaven knows I’d sip it nice and slow / I’d try to pick a place that ain’t too crowded / Or gladly go wherever he wants to go,” Rhett sings.

“You can bet I’d order up a couple tall ones / Tell the waitress put ‘em on my tab / I’d be sure to let him do the talkin’ / Careful when I got the chance to ask,” the song continues.

“Why not just have some water with Jesus?” Christian News reader Marshall Chandler asked last year. “This is a prime example of how far down the toilet country music has gotten.” Rhett’s song debuted at 49 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart in September, and had reached the number 26 spot by last week.

He is certainly entitled to writing this song, his freedom to express and worship is guaranteed  It's his choice and taste I question.

Thomas Rhett - Beer With Jesus



0 comments:

Post a Comment